Grants & Awards
Transforming care with the ATHNdataset
ATHN is pleased to offer the ATHN CARE Award – Care through ATHNdataset Research and Evidence – is a new research opportunity for nurses, social workers, and other members of the HTC interdisciplinary care team. The CARE Award will give recipients the chance to use the power of real-world data in the ATHNdataset to answer research questions and ultimately, drive improvements in patient care.
This award is made possible through an educational grant from Novo Nordisk.
Although the 2017 application cycle is now closed, additional information about the application process for the ATHN CARE Award is available in the 2017 Request for Proposals.
Harnessing the power of the ATHNdataset, the CARE Award is designed to assist HTC professionals in answering practical questions. Some examples of potential research projects include the following:
- Prophylaxis use at HTCs – Examine the extent to which prophylaxis has been incorporated into care at HTCs, as well as its use by state, payer, age, race, and other measures to identify barriers to and gaps in care.
- Adherence to therapeutic recommendations – Evaluate Veritas Pro and compare interventions.
- Overweight and obesity in patients with bleeding disorders – Address weight-based vs. ideal body weight dosing and compare to annual bleed rate and costs.
- Transition of care – Document time to first visit in an adult HTC, adherence to prophylaxis, and bleed rates before and after transition.
- ITI treatment outcomes – Retrospectively document dosing, bleeding episodes, infection rate, success, and time to success.
While furthering ATHN’s mission to advance knowledge and transform care, the CARE Award provides a valuable career enrichment opportunity for dedicated HTC professionals.
- Eligibility – Members of the interdisciplinary team, including nurses, advanced practice providers, social workers, physical therapists and genetic counselors, at ATHN-affiliated HTCs may apply for the CARE Award. Eligible proposals must utilize data from the ATHNdataset.
- Funding – The award offers up to $50,000 per recipient for projects lasting up to one year.
- Applications – Review the submission instructions and complete the application form. For deadlines, see the milestone dates below.
An informational webinar for prospective applicants was held on February 23, 2017. View recorded webinar by registering here.
|Webinar for Prospective Applicants||February 23, 2017|
|Deadline for Pre-Proposals||March 30, 2017|
|Invitation for Full||May 2017|
|Full Proposals Due||July 15, 2017|
|Award Recipients Announced at 2017 Data Summit||Fall 2017|
|Final Reports||October 2018|
|Poster or Presentation at 2018 Data Summit||Fall 2018|
ATHN is grateful to Novo Nordisk for making this award possible through a medical education grant.
If you have any questions about the CARE Award, including preparation and submission of Pre-Proposals and invited Full Proposals, email email@example.com. Applicants interested in submitting a Pre-Proposal can find the application form here.